Author: Ken Blanchard, Margret McBride/ Publisher: William Morrow/ ISBN: 9780688169817
Dr Bharat Desai's review of "The One Minute Apology" by Ken Blanchard and Margret McBride:
- A powerful way to make things better.
- A manipulative technique for getting what you want.
- A power of forgiveness to improve or repair relationships, your business and even your home.
This is a rare book exploring a very important subject – poorly understood and hardly bothered. I will start with the most important issue that is,
- “The toughest part of Apologizing is realizing and admitting that you were wrong.”
- The power of the one minute apology is deeper that just words.
- The core of most problems is the truth you don’t want to face.
- The longer you wait to apologize, the sooner your weakness is perceived as wickedness.
- Without changed in your behavior just saying “I am Sorry” is not enough.
- Apologize not for outcome, but because you know you were wrong and it is the right thing to do.
- When you honestly express your feelings with someone you care about, you show respect for yourself and the relationship.
- A one minute apology can be an effective way to correct a mistake you have made and restore the trust needed for a good relationship.