This is in regard to our discussion that day in Jehan Numa about what Ram said to Bharat when he came to meet him in forest. It’s a glimpse into what it takes to rule! It’s all common sense and high degree of self-discipline. (Link at the bottom)
There are many things which Rama refers to in his lecture, which suggests that their issues were not very different from what they are today.
He talks about:
- Corruption in the army
- Bogus spiritual preachers
- Vagaries of monsoon (indirectly so, by saying "fields should not be fed exclusively by rains")
- Smart-brains turned anti-social
- Discrimination between rich and poor in imparting justice.- Atheism and "over-emphasis on religion"!
- Preparedness of armies... etc.